Makes about 4 cups of sauce.
Yes, this is a rich sauce - but a little goes a long way!
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 8 oz. Neufchatel Cheese, room temperature, cubed
- 3-4 Whole Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. Milk
- 8 oz. Parmesan, Asiago, or Pecorino, finely grated (choose one or all up to 8 oz.)
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Gently heat all the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the garlic, but do not allow to brown.
- Add the Neufchatel Cheese and stir until completely melted. It may not mix well with the butter, but the next step will bring it together.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk together until the sauce thickens (2-3 minutes).
- Add the grated cheese, black pepper, and salt. Allow cheese to melt and then remove from heat.
Pair with any of our pastas (pictured here is Squid Ink Tagliatelle and roasted red bell peppers for topping). Recommended flavors are Sea Salt, Roasted Italian Sweet Pepper, Basil Cracked Pepper, Squid Ink, Roasted Beet Lemon, or Hot Red Pepper.
Tastes delicious 😀